Thursday, February 3, 2011

Halibut Veracruz

I wanted to share this fantastic recipe I tested over the weekend. I pulled it from my most favorite website, The Food Network. This recipe is a compilation of fresh ingredients from the gulf coast of Mexico, thus the name Halibut Veracruz. Seriously folks, this one is a keeper.


How fresh is that?
 Halibut Veracruz


This recipe was super easy. I made a couple modifications to the recipe. I grilled the fish rather than baked it in butter. I also used chipotle green olives over the standard spanish green olive. For wine, I cooked with a dry Washington riesling from Gooseridge. Don't be shy when it comes to garnishing this dish. Pile on the cilantro and avocados. Avocados are heart healthy and literally full of nutrients. The California Avocado Association (CAA) believes that California Avocados may be one of nature's highest achievements. I think that speaks for itself.  The CAA also has an informative website that provides avocado preparation, nutrition information and some off the chart heart healthy recipes. I even saw one for baby food.  For more information visit http://www.avocado.org/.

Foodie509 version

Buen Apetito!                                                         

                    

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say that I think the halibut veracruz recipe sounds amazing and I really want to try it sometime! Also, i have been a huge fan of avocados for so long and it makes me very happy to know that they are so healthy and a good food to eat!

    -Wendy SDH :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried this recipe with wild alaskan cod last night. It is a great alternative to Halibut and is budget friendly.

    ReplyDelete